Do you have arthritis? Are you worried about getting it?
Arthritis is considered a rheumatic disease that is caused by the gradual degradation of joints (typically from age or work conditions) that result in painful swelling. Other rheumatic diseases include lupus, fibromyalgia, and rheumatoid arthritis (RA), the most crippling form.
Risk Factors for Arthritis:
· Family History: Some forms run in families so your risk is higher if your parents or siblings have it. Environmental factors can trigger this disposition.
· Age: The risk of arthritis increases with age. Most cases of rheumatoid arthritis are diagnosed between 40 and 60 years of age.
· Sex: Women are more likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis while men are more likely to become afflicted with gout.
· Previous Joint Injury: If you’ve experienced a joint injury due to sports or an accident, you are more likely to develop arthritis in that area.
· Obesity: Excess weight causes stress to your joints, especially your knees, hips, and spine. This creates a greater arthritis risk. 66% of adults reportedly diagnosed with arthritis are considered overweight or obese.on Dietkundali, you can get tips to How to reduce weight?